Up to 5 minutes away for no additional charge
• PhD in Management (ongoing) – Massey University (Palmerston North, New Zealand)
• PhD in Education (thesis under examination) – The University of Melbourne (Melbourne, Australia)
• CELTA (Certificate of English Language Teaching to Adults) – Melbourne Training Associates (Melbourne, Australia)
• M.Sc in Market Research and Marketing Strategies – University of Nantes (Nantes, France)
• M.Ed in Educational Leadership and Management – RMIT (Melbourne, Australia)
• B.A in TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) – Vietnam National University (Hanoi, Vietnam)
Experience:) Subjects I have tutored:
Subjects I have tutored:
• ESL (English as a Second Language): IELTS, English for Academic Purposes, English for Special Purposes, TOEFL, TOEIC, OET, BULAT, BEC.
• Business: Principles of Management, Organisational Behaviour, HRM, Leadership, Ethics and CSR, Philosophy, , Marketing, Public Policy, Strategic Management.
• Education: Higher Education Policy, Gender in Education, TESOL, Educational Management and Leadership, ICT in Education.
• Others: Communication and Media Studies, Criminology, Aviation, Public Health
:) Services I offer:
• Face-to-face tutoring
• Online tutoring
:) Professional Experience
• Interpreting Services Ltd (Palmerston North): Interpreter
• Monash College (Melbourne): ESL Teacher
• The University of Melbourne: Mentor and academic tutor
• Verity Law (Melbourne): Academic Counsellor
• Kabo Lawyers (Melbourne): IELTS Trainer
• ORIMA Research: Interpreter
• International School, Hanoi: Lecturer
• Extensive experience in higher education: I have been working in a number of leading institutions in Vietnam and Australia, and have been teaching in various EMI courses provided by Keuka College (the USA), Northumbria University (the UK), East London University (the UK), and HELP University (Malaysia). I have also tutored in MBA courses.
• Great proficiency in English: My IELTS score is 8.5 out of 9.0, and I have achieved 9.0 in writing, as well as 8.5 in speaking. I am also the holder of a Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults, taken at the reputable Melbourne Training Associates.
• Exceptional academic writing: My PhD supervisors at the University of Melbourne have always praised me for my polished written pieces of work.
• Highly effective delivery method: I am known for delivering lessons with great clarity and the knack for explaining complex concepts. I am highly efficient, so students find that they learn a great deal in a very short time.
• Profound knowledge in a wide range of subjects: I have always strived for extensive knowledge and excellence, which explains why I have done two doctoral degrees in Business Management and Educational Leadership, two Master’s degrees in Education and Marketing, one first degree in TESOL and one reputable Cambridge English Teaching Certificate.
• Impressive grasp of students’ psychology, learning styles, knowledge gaps, strengths, and weaknesses: I have comprehensive knowledge of challenges international students usually encounter and know how to develop effective strategies to help learners who have diverse learning styles and preferences to achieve their academic goals.
• Ideal personality traits: My students rate me as a passionate, extremely enthusiastic and highly motivated teacher/tutor who is caring, considerate, unfailingly cheerful, and culturally sensitive.
• Global outlook: Being a Vietnamese national who has acquired education from France, Australia, and New Zealand, I am a cosmopolitan citizen who is fully aware of cultural diversity and tolerant of differences.
Hobbies• Reading classical works
• Using the Internet for knowledge acquisition and enhancement of delivery methods
• Travelling and exploring the world
• Making friends with people of diverse backgrounds
• Taking care of children
• Writing blogs
• Engaging in community activities
Ethics, Organization, Study Skills And Organization, Business, Essay Editing, CLEP Principles of Management, CLEP Principles of Marketing, AP World History, College Essays, Foreign Language, Study Skills, Public Speaking, Public Health, Digital Media, Human Resources, Social Sciences, English, ESL/ELL, Management, Reading, Persuasive Writing, Writing, TOEFL, Other
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.